Individually Frozen Chicken Drumsticks
Brand Name: Koch Foods
BASIC THAWING INSTRUCTIONS
Place unopened bag or raw pieces from bag, covered in plastic wrap, in a large bowl or pan and refrigerate on bottom shelf of refrigerator overnight.
Follow your manual’s defrost instructions
- Thaw no more than 3 drumsticks at a time on microwaveable plate covered with plastic wrap.
- Rotate plate one-quarter, turn 4 times during defrost cycle, checking drumstics before each rotation.
- Turn drumsticks over and recover with plastic wrap halfway through defrost cycle.
Note: some microwaves may defrost faster than others.
BASIC COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- Arrange frozen pieces in a single layer on a shallow, baking pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until internal juices run clear. For food safety, insert calibrated thermometer into thickest part of meat and cook to 185F. Season as desired.
- Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill from frozen, turning often, for 20-30 minutes, until minimum internal temperature of 185F is reached in the thickest piece and internal juices run clear.
- Pieces might be thawed in the refrigerator overnight, which could decrease the cooking time by approximately 5 minutes.
- If desired, frequently brush with barbecue sauce, fruit glaze or other sauce, turning during last 10-15 minutes.
ALSO GREAT FOR PAN FRYING!
Frying Chicken Drumsticks, Contains a 15% Solution of Water, Chicken Broth, Salt